Home > International Programs > Study Abroad > Preparing to Go Checklists

Preparing to Go Checklists

Select the appropriate checklist below. Review and complete necessary paperwork the semester before you leave for your abroad experience. Please note that Education Abroad planning is a complex process and may require you to meet with individual offices more than once before you leave.

The Smeal Office of International Programs supports students’ efforts in planning their time abroad from forming goals, to selecting a program from over 80 choices, to advising them on the details of the International Business Minor.

Beginning fall 2016 and thereafter, credits earned abroad during fall or spring semester at a non-PSU program will NOT be accepted toward any Smeal degree requirements including general education and electives. Credits toward Smeal majors will be accepted from programs on the full list of Penn State Education Abroad Office programs. Candidates for the International Business Minor must attend a program on the Choosing a Program list.

World Campus is NOT a Study Abroad Program

Penn State World Campus is NOT a Penn State Study Abroad program. Please read this brochure for a better understanding of the differences.