Choosing a Program
list have been approved for the International Business Minor. All requirements of the program must be met to earn the IB Minor. These programs have been selected from the full list of Penn State Education Abroad Office programs for their appeal to Smeal students.listed on the Smeal International Programs
Beginning fall 2016 and thereafter, credits earned abroad during fall or spring semester at a non-PSU program will NOT be accepted toward any Smeal degree requirements including general education and electives. Credits toward Smeal majors will be accepted from programs on the full list of Penn State Education Abroad Office programs. Candidates for the International Business Minor must attend a program on the list.
How to Choose a Program
You will be asked to choose and prioritize three education abroad programs on the Education Abroad application. Carefully consider the following as you explore which Penn State Study Abroad Program is the best fit for you.
- Keep your major goals in mind
- Review eligibility requirements (GPA, semester standing, language or course prerequisites)
- Research the required and optional courses
- If cost is a consideration, visit the Financial Planning page
- Meet with your Academic Adviser to discuss how the courses from abroad will fulfill your degree requirements.
- The purpose of study abroad is to ensure students expand their understanding of other people by experiencing a new culture. Select a destination that has a culture different from your home country.
- We strongly encourage you to schedule an appointment with us in the Smeal Office of International Programs.
It is important to start the planning process early so that you can schedule any prerequisite courses you may need for your preferred program.
see Short Term International Study for shorter programs not eligible for the International Business Minor.
- Arabic and Asian Languages
- French and German
- Italian and Greek
- Only English Required
- Spanish and Portuguese