Home > Academics & Advising > Get Into a Smeal Major > Moving to University Park

Moving to University Park

Information for students moving to University Park

Many Smeal College students begin their business education at Penn State locations other than University Park. Students enrolled in majors in the Smeal College of Business are expected to attend University Park to complete their junior and senior years. The Smeal College acknowledges this transition poses challenges to students. The following information is provided to assist with this transition.

Housing Options

Once approved for a change of campus location to University Park, you will need to make housing arrangements. Most students have the option of living on- or off-campus. For information about on campus housing, visit the Housing and Food Services Web site. Information on off campus living may be obtained by visiting the Office of Off-Campus Living.

Visiting University Park

You are encouraged to visit University Park prior to your relocation. Visiting students may want to schedule an appointment to meet with a Smeal academic adviser. To arrange for a visit, please contact the Smeal Undergraduate Advising Center at 814-863-1947.

Maps and Parking

A visitor's guide is available online. It includes a campus map, directions to University Park and an interactive parking guide.


For more information about making the transition to University Park, please visit the INTRO home page. This is a comprehensive listing of information about programs, housing, and other resources.

Students are encouraged to make an appointment with their academic advisers at the beginning of their first semester at University Park. Students are required to bring a degree audit to each adviser meeting. Adviser contact information and degree audit information can be found on LionPATH.