For Penn State Programs

The following paperwork should be reviewed and completed the semester before you leave for your abroad experience. Please note that Education Abroad planning is a complex process and may require you to meet with individual offices more than once before you leave.

  • If interested in the I B minor, apply to an approved program listed on this web site under Choosing a Program.
  • Meet with an International Programs Coordinator to discuss the I B Minor at any time in the process and submit the application form after accepted to a program. This must be done in person. Please use the "schedule an appointment" link to view our walk-in times, or you may call 814-865-4264 to schedule an appointment.

Smeal Education Abroad Pre-Departure Agreement

Global Programs Course Equivalency Process

  • After you are sure of your scheduled courses abroad, submit a Course Equivalency Form for each course you are taking, if it is not already on the Course Equivalency List for your program. (To get courses onto your student record more quickly, do this before returning from abroad.)
  • Refer questions about this process to the Records Specialist, 410 Boucke Building.