Short Term International Study
The opportunity to embark on an exciting short term study abroad program may be of particular interest to students that cannot afford either the time or money for a semester abroad. Opportunities exist for either stand-alone courses, or experiences embedded within a course, lasting one to three weeks. They usually fit into a natural break from classes in the PSU calendar, like spring break, winter break or May-mester.
- There are sometimes pre-requisites and always extra expenses for these courses. For embedded courses, often the student must call the department offering the course to have it added to their schedule.
- Make sure your passport will be valid for 6 months after the return from abroad, and if you do not have a passport, apply right away.
- These programs do NOT satisfy 6 units taken abroad for the International Business Minor.
Smeal College Global Orientation
|Aix, France: Europe and the Islamic World at IAU||Spain, Morocco & France||May 13 - 29, 2017|
Embedded International Study
- See this listing of many opportunities. Check carefully for pre-requisites.
College of Arts and Architecture
- Art 297 Social and Cultural Explorations in the Visual Arts Sydney, Australia
- (3 credits): Spring Break to Italy or Spain
- e (3 + 1 credits): Maymester to Hong Kong & Macau
- questions should be directed to Marja Verbeeten firstname.lastname@example.org
The Liberal Arts College
Rec Park Tourism Management
- RPTM 297D Sustainable Tourism and the Environment - contact Dr. Alan Graefe or Dr. Carter Hunt
College of Science
- BIOL 482 Coastal Biology (BIOL 220W (3 units) to Curacao, Netherlands Antilles) spring break 2017
- contact Dr. Iliana Baums at email@example.com for more information
Scranton-Worthington Liberal Arts
- LA 197A Amsterdam: History, Arts, Culture includes a study trip to Amsterdam, The Netherlands. For more information contact Beatriz Rivera-Barnes firstname.lastname@example.org