Career and Corporate Connections
Career & Corporate Connections will provide internship, career development and student organization opportunities to Smeal College of Business students that promote the development of professionalism, integrity, leadership, and a global perspective in union with the honor code. We will facilitate networking & connections among students, faculty & staff, alumni and employers to meet customer employment and recruiting needs.
Use these resources to build a strong framework of professional skills
- Obtain a leadership position in one of more than 35 student organizations at Smeal
• Recruiters value teamwork and demonstrated leadership as indicators of future workplace success
- Develop your resume and interviewing skills - schedule an appointment
• A strong resume will get you noticed; a strong interview will land you the job
- Enroll in BA 297A – Career Planning and Strategies
• This one credit course covers a range of career related skills including resumes, interviews, networking, and job research. Ideal for the sophomore level student.
- Be ready for the Career Fairs!
• Penn State students are in high demand among employers. Know what’s available and have a plan in order to take full advantage.
Building meaningful connections can assist you in finding the job that is right for you
- Augment your schedule with networking events found on the Smeal Career Calendar
• Learn about the many available opportunities and make an impression with recruiters and other professionals on campus
• Learn about Smeal's Corporate Associates - the companies who partner with our office
- Review the weekly Recruiting Newswire sent from SmealCareers
• Reminders and features on spotlight events are sent directly to your inbox to maximize your level of exposure
- Stay informed and interact via social media outlets
• Facebook Fan Page – Smeal Career Connections
• Twitter - @SmealCareers
- Network with alumni through SmealConnect – Smeal’s home for job posting and alumni interaction on the web
• Smeal has a vast and engaging alumni base that is motivated to help you with your career development
Show prospective employers exactly why you are the best fit for the job